Have you ever felt like saying, “Buy from me or get out of my car.” You work with a buyer for days on end, drive them to every house they want to see, only to find out a week later that they used their Great Aunt Lucy, who has a real estate license, to buy a home?
Loyalty seems to be at an all-time low. The internet helps buyers gain tons of information and we as licensees have to prove our worth and value even more today.
Why should a buyer pick one agent to work with and be loyal? Is there a way a buyer can do that? We ask sellers to commit to one brokerage with an agreement so why don’t we ask buyers for the same commitment? Let’s find out how.
Objectives: After taking this class students will be able to:
• Explain the importance of working exclusively with a buyer.
• List ways the associate can find buyers to work with.
• Determine which agreement is appropriate when.
• Understand how written agreements protect both the customer and the brokerage.
• Understand what an exclusive representation means when working with a buyer.
• Explain what an exclusive representation doesn’t mean when working with a buyer.
• Understand what types of agency relationships are authorized with an exclusive buyer broker agreement.
• Determine when a showing agreement form might be better utilized than an exclusive representation.
• Understand how to properly fill out an exclusive buyer broker agreement.
• Understand how to properly fill out a showing agreement.
• Explain to a buyer the importance of the agreement and how to present it.
• Understand the Arbitration Hearing process and how clear written agreements between the buyer and seller can assist in confusion of procuring cause.
To CANCEL your class registration, please email class name, date, and location to email@example.com or call 561-353-9190.
Class cancellations for “Specialty” courses (Designations/Certifications/license renewal) received within 3 business days of the class start day will be subject to a $20 cancellation fee, which would result in a partial refund of the paid registration fee. If the aforementioned registration was not paid, an invoice for the $20 cancellation fee will be applied.
Members who “No Show” a class without notice of cancellation prior to class will not be eligible for a refund of the registration fee.
By registering for this class/event you hereby consent to the photographing of yourself and the recording of your voice and the use of these photographs and/or recordings singularly or in conjunction with other photographs and/or recordings for advertising, publicity, commercial or other business purposes. You understand that the term “photograph” as used herein encompasses both still photographs and motion picture footage.