Participants will gain essential insights into common violations of real estate laws committed by real estate agents and learn effective strategies to steer clear of trouble with the Florida Real Estate Commission (FREC).
The course will begin with an overview of the Florida Real Estate Commission's role and authority in regulating the real estate industry. Participants will learn common violations encountered by real estate agents, including but not limited to:
1. Misrepresentation: Understanding the boundaries of truth in advertising, property descriptions, and disclosures to clients.
2. Failure to Disclose: Recognizing the obligations of agents to disclose material facts about properties and transactions.
3. Breach of Fiduciary Duty: Exploring the responsibilities agents owe to their clients and the consequences of failing to act in their best interests.
4. Illegal Practices: Identifying prohibited activities such as dual agency, kickbacks, and unfair discrimination.
5. Improper Handling of Funds: Understanding the proper procedures for handling client funds, escrow accounts, and commissions.
Through real-world examples and case studies, participants will learn to recognize red flags and avoid common pitfalls that can lead to legal disputes or disciplinary actions by FREC. The presentation will conclude with practical tips and best practices for minimizing the risk of encountering issues with FREC and staying in compliance with Florida licensing laws and regulations.
To CANCEL your class registration, please email class name, date, and location to email@example.com or call 561-353-9190.
Class cancellations for “Specialty” courses (Designations/Certifications/license renewal) received within 3 business days of the class start day will be subject to a $20 cancellation fee, which would result in a partial refund of the paid registration fee. If the aforementioned registration was not paid, an invoice for the $20 cancellation fee will be applied.
Members who “No Show” a class without notice of cancellation prior to class will not be eligible for a refund of the registration fee.
By registering for this class/event you hereby consent to the photographing of yourself and the recording of your voice and the use of these photographs and/or recordings singularly or in conjunction with other photographs and/or recordings for advertising, publicity, commercial or other business purposes. You understand that the term “photograph” as used herein encompasses both still photographs and motion picture footage.